Checkbox X – jQuery Extended Checkbox Plugin for Bootstrap
An extended checkbox plugin for Bootstrap built using Jquery, which allows three checkbox states and includes additional styles. The plugin uses Bootstrap markup and CSS 3 styling by default, but it can be overridden with any other CSS markup. It also helps you to fallback to a native checkbox OR display native checkboxes with tristate capability.
- Enhances any HTML input (preferably a checkbox or text input) with
data-toggle=checkbox-xto an extended checkbox control.
- The plugin offers the following three states and values for the checkboxes:
'1': Checkbox is checked. This value is configurable through
'0': Checkbox is unchecked. This value is configurable through
'': Checkbox is indeterminate. This value is configurable through
- You can set the plugin to allow three states or the default two states for the checkbox.
- Specifically, uses Bootstrap 3.x styles & glyphs. One can configure the checked, unchecked, and indeterminate icons to be shown for the checkboxes.
- Special CSS 3 styling, to enhance the control to look like any Bootstrap 3 form control. Supports the
has-warningstyling states like other Bootstrap form-controls.
- Plugin CSS styling automatically defaults the checkboxes to inline display. You can also control the markup for block display like in checkbox lists.
- You can add a
labelbefore or after with an
forattribute and click on the label to change the checkbox values. Alternatively, you can enclose the input within a
labeltag as well.
- Ability to navigate to the checkbox controls via keyboard, and modify the values using the
spacebar on the keyboard.
- Ability to size the checkbox control. Five prebuilt size templates are available
- Triggers Jquery events for advanced development. The plugin automatically triggers the
changeevent for the input, whenever the checkbox value is changed via clicking. Events currently available are
- Disabled and read-only checkbox input support.
- Allow the third state to be configured (only on init) for two state checkboxes.
- Added support for displaying native checkboxes with tristate capability. When displaying native checkboxes, the advanced styling offered by the plugin will not be available.